ASIS Security Conference
April 27-28, 2016
New York, NY
May 22-24, 2016
Police Security Expo
June 28-29, 2016
Atlantic City Convention Center
Atlantic City, NJ
July 12-14, 2016
July 29 – Aug 2, 2016
September 25- 28, 2016
Palm Beach County Convention Ctr.
West Palm Beach, FL
October 15 -18, 2016
San Diego, CA
March 15, 2016
Product Spotlight: Me-Ality Hand-held Body Scanner
New products – they’re the lifeblood of the industry. This summer, NAUMD member Me-Ality will bring to market a new body scanner designed to address the complicated issue of fit and size in the uniform marketplace. We recently interviewed Me-Ality’s Bruce Chiasson, who gave us a primer on the product and his company; his remarks appear below.
Learn more about the scanner and its potential impact on your business at the convention’s education session on Monday, May 23rd. And don’t forget to stop by the Me-Ality booth for a first-hand look and demonstration. Read the Interview
2016 NAUMD Convention….Plans are being made!
It’s not too late to register for the 2016 NAUMD Convention. You can find the forms on the website. Here are some of the plans for the event. You can find out more at: www.naumd.com.
Churchill Downs on Sunday Afternoon
• 10 races from Noon until 5:30 at the most historic track in America
• We’ll have a reserved terrace near the finish line
• A buffet lunch is served until 2:30pm
• Come and go as you please. A shuttle service will take you to and from the Horseshoe.
• Your ticket and lunch are provided by NAUMD. If your horse loses, that’s on you.
• RSVP to reserve your ticket and have it waiting for you when you check in at the Horseshoe.
Image of the Year and Best Dressed Public Safety Competitions
Do not underestimate the power of awards competitions. While it can be difficult to measure the value on the bottom line, awards validate what a company does and establish credibility in the marketplace.
Programs like the Image of the Year and Best Dressed Public Safety increase brand awareness and are another tool to aid in the close of business. And the free publicity an award-winning business receives can result in more business and new connections.
There’s still time to enter this year’s competitions: the deadline for both is March 31.
- Congratulations to Penn Emblem, whose Mira Loma Safety Committee proudly accepted the Safety Achievement Award from Captive Resources, LLC. An independent consulting company empowering businesses to control insurance costs, Captive Resources helps businesses improve safety and loss prevention practices. The award recognizes Penn Emblem’s efforts to make safety a top priority for employees and customers alike.
- Passing: Mary O’Rourke - It is with a heavy heart that we report the death of Mary O’Rourke, president and founding director of O’Rourke Group Partners. Mary died on February 22 after a three-year battle with cancer. She was a NAUMD board member, and was the first chair of the association’s Innovation Committee. Mary is survived by her husband, Stephen Miller, daughter and son-in-law Maureen (nee Scannapieco) and August Leming, and grandson Jude Leming.
Marketing: How Companies Fail, and Why the Customer Always Wins in the End
There are two ways for a business to be successful in the short term.
Option 1 is to do anything you can to generate revenue. Sometimes it’s something small like sending that one extra promotional email — it will get unsubscribes, sure, but at least it will push your numbers up this quarter. Or it might be something huge like holding a monopoly position in the marketplace. It could even be slowly making the product just a little bit worse to boost margins. Full Article
Have a story to tell? Send your news, ideas and pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org